The Shotgun Blog
Sunday, June 20, 2004
A View from the Eye of the Storm
Via Stephen Den Beste, this piece that effectively capsulizes the problems in the Middle East and the nature of the threat the west faces. The source can't be confirmed. Exerpts;
Yes, there is a 100 year-old Israeli-Arab conflict, but it is not where the main show is.
- The millions who died in the Iran-Iraq war had nothing to do with Israel.
- The mass murder happening right now in Sudan, where the Arab Moslem regime is massacring its black Christian citizens, has nothing to do with Israel.
- The frequent reports from Algeria about the murders of hundreds of civilian in one village or another by other Algerians have nothing to do with Israel.
- Saddam Hussein did not invade Kuwait, endangered Saudi Arabia and butchered his own people because of Israel.
- Egypt did not use poison gas against Yemen in the 60's because of Israel.
- Assad the Father did not kill tens of thousands of his own citizens in one week in El Hamma in Syria because of Israel.
- The Taliban control of Afghanistan and the civil war there had nothing to do with Israel.
- The Libyan blowing up of the Pan-Am flight had nothing to do with Israel
- The 22 member countries of the Arab league, from Mauritania to the Gulf States, have a total population of 300 millions, larger than the US and almost as large as the EU before its expansion.
- They have a land area larger than either the US or all of Europe.
- These 22 countries, with all their oil and natural resources, have a combined GDP smaller than that of Netherlands plus Belgiumand equal to half of the GDP of California alone.
There is a new game in town: The actual murderer is called "the military wing", the one who pays him, equips him and sends him is now called "the political wing" and the head of the operation is called the "spiritual leader". There are numerous other examples of such Orwellian nomenclature, used every day not only by terror chiefs but also by Western media. These words are much more dangerous than many people realize. They provide an emotional infrastructure for atrocities. It was Joseph Goebels who said that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it. He is now being outperformed by his successors.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A View from the Eye of the Storm:
Well I feel like a lone voice in the wilderness but I have been stating over and over for years and years the reality is that Islam is the enemy and has been for 1400 years against Western Civilization....
Until we start acknowledging this reality, we are far far from winning this battle...
Islam, like Nazism or Marxism, needs too be destroyed........otherwise we are simply whistling past the graveyard!!
Posted by: Albertadude | 2004-06-20 11:18:17 PM
The IRA used to have their political wing (the fund raising side) and their military wing (the blowing up stuff side)
I don't know if they had a spiritual wing.
They might have had a drinking wing though.
Posted by: The Meatriarchy | 2004-06-21 6:04:02 AM
The putative author, Haim Harari, has really heavy-duty credentials as a physicist:
The first few pages of Google search results don't show him as the author of any other articles on regional affairs or politics, though. Pity. I could bear to read more from him.
Posted by: Charles MacDonald | 2004-06-21 8:56:36 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.