The Shotgun Blog
Friday, March 14, 2008
Can We Call Obama Anti-American Now?
Shall we take this moment to take stock of the evidence that Barack Hussein Obama is, in some fashion, fundamentally anti-American and therefore a threat to the people of the Western world?
Let's briefly review what we know about Barack Hussein Obama.
1) He was raised by a mother who was described by her own friends as a "fellow traveller" and who expatriated herself and would later, when asked by her husband to go to business functions in Indonesia where Americans would be present, angrily denied that they were "her people."
2) Frank Marshall Davis, who Obama describes as a mentor in his autobiography was a member of the Communist Party.
3) Obama refuses to wear a flag pin because, he claims, true patriotism consists of opposing the Iraq War. The corollary to this, of course, is that Obama must therefore believe that people who support the war are not "true patriots," a position which is, to say the least, odd.
4) One of Obama's friends is William Ayers, a man who unsuccessfully attempted to blow up an Army dance and, when asked about this terrorist activity after September 11th, said, "I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough."
5) His wife infamously recently claimed that the fact that her husband was doing well in the Presidential election made her feel proud of America for the first time in her adult life.
6) He belongs to a radical Church whose Pastor - a man who he is close to and who provided the title of his second book - says that we should sing "God Damn America" instead of "God Bless America" and says that America got what it deserved on September 11th.
All of this, I should add, is leaving aside the Moslem issue, his connections with radical Palestinians, and so forth. I'm not even getting into the Islamic doctrine of al-Taqiyya, which permits the faithful to conceal their true faith from infidels. I am simply offering facts here, not suppositions.
What do we know, then, about Barack Hussein Obama?
We know that he's the child of a mother with radical and seeming anti-American views. He was mentored by a communist and claims that "true patriotism" consists of trying to ensure that America loses wars. He likes to hang around with unrepentant terrorists. His wife has never been proud of America in her whole adult life. The man who married him, whose Church he has attended for two decades, and who baptized his children hates America.
Can we trust this man to defend our civilization? Should we?
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Can We Call Obama Anti-American Now?:
» Probably--As Long As You Don't Question His Patriotism from Ed Driscoll.com
"Can We Call Obama Anti-American Now?"... [Read More]
Tracked on 2008-03-14 9:27:52 PM
I think a 20 year association with a racist, black separatist, conspiratist, raving anti-American nut job puts to bed Obama's 'judgement' claim, for lack of experience.
Posted by: Jim R | 2008-03-15 5:10:14 PM
Posted by: runescape gold | 2008-04-07 1:17:40 AM
I WANT A PRESIDENT WHO REPRESENTS ALL AMERICANS
Here is Pastor Wright's 'Black Value System'
posted at his website. This is what Barak Obama
pledged an oath to for the past 20 years:
Pastor Wright gave Louis Farakan a life time
achievement award. Here is what Louis Farakan believes:
Posted at his own website.
Posted by: Howard | 2008-04-19 10:57:29 AM
Emily: "This is ridiculous. Obama is not anti-American. I'm tired of living in a society where someone is defined as "anti-American" because they don't fall in line with this small, narrow definition of what an "American" is. One of the things I love about America is that there IS no such thing as an American. We have libertarians and communists living together in relative harmony. There is no such thing as an American. We are all immigrants. We are so diverse on every possible level that, in fact, Obama is MORE American than if he had grown up in a "traditional" family with "traditional" ideals.
We need to break out of this mold of thinking that there is one way to be an American. America is a wonderful country because there is no such thing as "normal.""
There is no such thing as american. We all come from different parts of the world and have different ethnic backgrounds. Though that is true and there's no ethnic group called 'american,' we still all came here to make a better life for ourselfs and familys. America is a country that is united and the most respected country in the world. Being American is about suporting our troups or giving thanks to living in a country that doesn't discriminate. Those are things that define American.
I've seen Obama refuse to wear an American flag pin in many of his speaches and press confrences. He also doesn't do anything during the pledge of aligence. His mentors, whom he has followed and respected for 20 years, are all haters of America.
On another note, Obama may not even be leagle to run for president. It has not been proven that he was born in america. There is going to be a court hearing about the problem, but not untill after the election. This is a problem. If Obama was really born in America, why is he not proving it? because he wasn't born here. This should have been sorted out before he was put on the orginal democratic ballot.
As you can probably tell, I am fully against Obama becoming our president. I have only named a couple things that are situations that could result in a bigger issue.
Even though, as I said before, I'm not for Obama. I'm not for McCain either. To me neither of these candidates would made good leaders of our country. So for this election our country is screwed and there won’t be a way around it.
Posted by: Katie A | 2008-11-04 10:04:59 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.